3 tablespoons flour (I used chickpea flour)
2 tablespoons oil for frying
1/3 teaspoon red pepper (optional)
Juice of a lime/lemon
- Heat oil in a small frying pan on medium heat. When it becomes hot add onions and saute until golden, add turmeric and stir. Add chopped garlic cloves and saute for another 5-7 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- If using fresh green beans, remove the ends and wash. If using frozen beans leave out to thaw and rinse.
- Place green beans and 1/2 cup of water in a medium size pan and bring to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and cook for 5-7 minutes on medium heat until they soften. Remove from heat, drain and let it cool.
- Chop up the green beans and the green bell pepper finely if you like a smooth kookoo. I leave them somewhat coarse. It all depends on your taste. You may also chop the vegetables before steaming them but I find the process to be easier afterward. I use a food processor and pulse it a few times for each batch.
- In large mixing bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture in an oven proof serving dish, cover loosely with a foil and place in the 350 degrees preheated oven for about 45-50 minutes. Remove the foil in the last 20 minutes.