Mast Esfenaj/ Borani-e Esfenaj - Yogurt and Spinach DipServes 4
2 cups plain yogurt
2 pounds fresh spinach, washed and chopped or use a 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons walnuts, crushed *optional
Salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut spinach into small pieces.
- Place the spinach into a medium size pan, add 1/2 a cup of water, bring to a gentle boil over medium-low heat, reduce heat, steam for 7-10 minutes or until spinach is tender. Set aside to cool.
- Drain and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 cups of yogurt, minced garlic, walnuts, salt and pepper, mix well.
- Garnish with chopped walnuts and rose petals.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours.