Saffron Chicken (Stove-Top Method
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
1 large onion, grated (using a hand grater or a food processor)
2-3 tablespoons olive oil (I used extra virgin)
Juice of 2 lemons/limes (add more if you like)
1-2 tablespoons of yogurt *optional
1/2 teaspoon of powdered saffron dissolved in 2-3 tablespoons of hot water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and marinate overnight or for at least 10-12 hours in the refrigerator to blend flavors.
- Brush the surface of a skillet grill pan with a thin layer of oil and place on medium to high heat.
- Discard marinate and place the chicken on the grill and brown quickly on both sides. Then cover and cook for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, remove from skillet and serve.
- Sprinkle juice of a lemon/lime. *optional