This is a delicious treat for every occasion. Coconut macaroons are very tasty, so there isn't much you need to do to make it taste any better. The combination of shredded coconut, sugar and rosewater makes these soft, chewy, and aromatic cookies just perfect! However, just to give it a different flavor and aroma, you may add a hint of my favorite spice saffron, and a squeeze of lime.
Shirini Nargili - Coconut Macaroons
3 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup granulated sugar
4 large egg whites
1 teaspoon rosewater
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar, continue beating on high until stiff peaks form.
- Add the shredded coconut and rosewater, mix until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop the cookie dough onto the lined cookie sheet spacing 1 inch apart.
- Bake on the center rack for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Place on a serving platter or store in an airtight container.