The recipe for shirini keshmeshi is adapted from here. The original recipe calls for food coloring which I never use in my cooking and I also cut down on the amount of sugar and raisins.
Shirini Keshmeshi - Persian Raisin Cookies
Yield about 3 dozen cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup superfine sugar
1 cup small seedless raisins or currants
2 large eggs
1 cup butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together butter, oil and sugar, mix thoroughly until light in color.
- Add the eggs one at a time and blend well.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Add flour gradually and mix well using a spatula.
- Stir in raisins and blend well.
- Drop the dough by teaspoonful onto parchment covered baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Place the cookies into the preheated oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are light golden around edges.
- Cool on wire rack.
Enjoy and Happy Spring!