2 pounds potatoes
3 large eggs
1 medium yellow onion, grated, discard the juice
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large pot, add water to cover by couple of inches, boil on medium-high heat until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Peel the potatoes and grate them.
- Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl, add grated potatoes, onions, turmeric, salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients well. Set aside for 20-30 minutes.
- Make small patties, flatten them in an oval shape or round. You can also spoon the potato mixture into the oil.
- Heat 4-5 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry potato patties on both sides until golden brown.