1 pound lean ground beef
1 large onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 bunches of fresh parsley, chopped
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
1 (14-ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lb thin spaghetti
- In a large skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat, add onions and saute until translucent. Add the garlic, saute for another 2-3 minutes. Add the turmeric powder, stir well.
- Add the meat to the skillet, break into very small pieces and brown. Then add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, a cup of water, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 45 minutes. Add chopped parsley near the end of cooking time.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy bottom nonstick pot, add some of the pasta, add a large scoop of the sauce, then add another layer of the pasta. Building it into a shape of pyramid. Cover and cook for about 40 minutes over low heat.