Omelete Khorma & Tokhm-e Morgh
4 large eggs
A handful of seedless dates, cut each date into halves or quarters
1-2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Swirl the pan to coat the bottom evenly.
- Add the dates and cook lightly until they soften for a couple of minutes.
- In a bowl lightly beat the eggs with a fork until the yolks and whites are well blended.
- Add water and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and add to the frying pan.
- Stir the eggs using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula and arrange the dates evenly in the pan. Cook the eggs until the whites are set. Using a spatula, loosen the edges and transfer the omelet onto a serving platter. Serve immediately.