1 pound ground beef, lamb or turkey
2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves,minded
4 medium sized potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into small pieces
2-3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
- In non-stick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil on medium heat, add half of the chopped onions, saute until golden brown.
- Add turmeric, stir well before adding in the garlic.
- Add the ground beef and saute until brown. Add the tomato paste and cook for another few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the chopped potatoes, the second batch of the chopped onions, add a cup of water. Stir well, cover and cook on low heat for 50 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning, add a little more water if needed.