1 pound ground beef, lamb or turkey
2 large onions, peeled and finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
4 medium sized potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into small pieces
2-3 tablespoons tomato paste
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
Salt and pepper to taste
- In non-stick skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil on medium heat, add half of the chopped onions, saute until golden brown.
- Add turmeric and stir well before adding in the garlic.
- Add the ground beef and saute until brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix in the chopped potatoes, the second batch of the chopped onions, add a cup of water and the tomato paste.Stir well.
- Adjust the seasoning and cook on low heat for an hour. Add a little more water if needed.