Sharbat-e limoo is a refreshing sweet and sour drink that is just perfect for hot summer days. This tangy yet sweet sharbat is one of the popular drinks served to guests in Iran. Persian sharbat are drinks made with fresh-squeezed fruit juice and sugar. A sharbat should be well-balanced and not too sweet or too sour. However, in our home, we like our شربت لیمو - sharbat-e limoo more on the tangy side.
The combination of lemon/lime juice and water has many health benefits and this refreshing lemonade/limeade is a perfect summer drink. You can adjust the amount of sugar to your liking.
Sharbat-e Limoo - Persian Limeade
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice or lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar or honey
3 cups water
1 cup ice
1 teaspoon lime/lemon zest *optional
2-3 drops of rosewater *optional
- Place sugar and water in a small pan over medium-high heat. Bring to a gentle boil until the sugar dissolves completely. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all ingredients, taste and adjust the level of sweetness to your liking, chill and serve.
a beautiful thought- to have that at the sea. i love the seashells in the photo. xxx shaymaReplyDelete
oh what a refreshing drink love itReplyDelete
Love that picture too Azita; this drink is my all-time favorite, but lately I have been trying to drink it without sugar!ReplyDelete
I love that photo of all the lemons and limes! I would actually love to have it hanging on my wall!ReplyDelete
This drink sounds delicious. I, too, love lime squeezed into a simple glass of water but this is perfect for the times when you're craving just a little more...
lime juice and rose water,hmmm must give it try looks so refreshing perfect for hot daysReplyDelete
This is my kind of drink - it just sounds incredibly refreshing. I cannot wait to make it. I'm also thinking it might make a wonderful sorbet.ReplyDelete
How refreshing! :) and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous!ReplyDelete
I will definitely try this...have all the ingredients, and look forward to it...so refreshing, and what a nice touch...rose water :-)ReplyDelete
I love Sharbateh Limoo, it's so good. It's the best on hot summer days!ReplyDelete
I love the picture with the shells! Awesome composition!!
hi my dearReplyDelete
i'm from iran(hamedan)
i glad to meet your weblog
it's very nice and all photos are cool and very delicious
thank you my friend.
ex.can i ask u where are u from?
The perfect drink for the summer months especially with chicken kabob.ReplyDelete
6 ounces of lemon juice
sugar syrup: 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 cup of water
6 sprigs of mint
ice cubes, as needed
powdered sugar as needed
1. First make the syrup by placing granulated sugar and water in a pan and heating the mixture till it dissolves.
2. Juice enough lemons to get about 6 ounces.
3. Wash one or two bunches of mint and cut off the leaves from the stalks.
4. Place syrup, lemon juice, ice cubes (several, I used about 8), mint in a blender
5. Run the machine until the mixture is smooth and looks like a frozen slush; taste for sweetness adding one tablespoon or more of powdered sugar if needed. Serve.
Another recipe I always use, it's amazing!