Omelete Khorma & Tokhm-e Morgh
3 large eggs
A handful of seedless dates, cut each date into halves or quarters
1-2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon water
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Swirl the pan to coat the bottom evenly.
- Add the dates and cook lightly until they soften for a couple of minutes.
- In a bowl lightly beat the eggs, water, salt and pepper with a fork until smooth.
- Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the dates in the pan, lower heat and use a wooden spoon to stir the eggs around and arrange the dates evenly in the pan. Cook until the eggs are set. Turn off heat.
- Using a spatula, loosen the edges and transfer the omelet into a serving platter.