Shirini Nargili - Coconut Macaroons
2 cups shredded unsweetened coconuts
1 cup sugar
3 large egg whites
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 teaspoon liquid saffron (a small pinch of crushed saffron, dissolved in hot water)
1 teaspoon rosewater
1/2 teaspoon juice of a lime
- In a medium size mixing bowl, beat the egg whites, add the sugar and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir for a few minutes until well blended.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a spoon, put the batter on the sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool.
Place on a serving platter or store in an airtight container.